Technical Surveillance Counter Measures (TSCM)
“Security vulnerabilities will harm your business. Our aim is to identify any area where your company or organisation is at risk and to provide a cost effective and workable solution”
International Intelligence Limited carries out Technical Surveillance Counter Measures (TSCM) or debugging for our clients worldwide. Our TSCM Service client's range from financial corporations and banks, through to international law firms and litigation department. Being one of the leading TSCM Firms in the World, we constantly invest in to new counter measures equipment and keep educated as to the latest technical trends.
We have written an extensive user guide aimed at potential clients. This guide to TSCM Sweeps aim to answer questions that you might have while also giving you some useful information. see: A guide to TSCM Sweeps
A latest equipment list that our TSCM teams use can be found here: TSCM Equipment
TSCM sweeps are part of our Counter Espionage services and should form part of a companies' security housekeeping policy; being carried out at irregular intervals throughout the year.
TSCM sweeps or inspections should be considered by those that are implementing your companies ISO/IEC 27001 policy, IT Manager or Head of Security. Should you wish to discuss ISO 27001 our team would be happy to talk you through the requirements in more detail.
Our TSCM personnel are drawn from Military Intelligence, Telecommunications and Computer security/networking backgrounds; these varied backgrounds coupled with the use of military specification equipment enables us to locate low cost or military covert listening, or eavesdropping devices, covert cameras or telephone tap/wiretaps.
- Encryption of communications
- Secure data storage
- TSCM Inspections and sweeps
- Internal and external security review
- Staff training and lectures
A TSCM sweep or inspection involves three phases:
- Scanning a series of rooms or a space for hidden devices that transmit via a range of frequencies to firstly generate an RF spectrum footprint of the area and then to examine RF spikes to enable them to be identified as safe.
- Physical and technical inspection of electrical devices, telecommunications and IT systems are undertaken to search for hidden “hard-wired” microphones and or covert cameras. The in depth inspection of telecommunications devices, includes each handset and socket; through to internal and external exchange levels.
- Walls, floors, ceilings and ducts are all inspected and scanned for any hidden, redundant devices or wiring.
Our TSCM reports
Our team will compile a full and comprehensive TSCM report on your companies/organisations existing security practices and where necessary make recommendations to enhance your level of security. Any recommendations will be based on workable and cost-effective solutions; these will be discussed with the client upon presentation of the report.
Training & education
For clients interested in internal training for senior management or key personnel, our sister company, Intelligent Training International Limited provide Counter Espionage courses and lectures to aid as an integral part of your security management.
Articles on TSCM and espionage
International Intelligence Limited and our experts have over the years been asked to take part, comment on or write articles about TSCM and counter espionage. Should you be interested in reading these, they can be found in our Group Media Library: Media Library